The start of World War Two (1939-1945) expanded the speed and power of global warfare. The fleets of the world's navies combined the awesome firepower of traditional battleships with long-range bombing strikes from aircraft carriers.
Battlegroup players determine when and how to seek combat; to use daylight for smashing carrier air strikes through defending fighters and dense antiaircraft fire; or to use the dark of night for quick and devastating surface attacks using the battleships' big guns. Submarines, destroyers, mines and torpedeo boats also all play their roles.
- The Allied Ship Deck - 32 different battleships and aircraft carriers from Britian, France and the United States
- The Axis Ship Deck - 32 different battleships and aircraft carriers from Germany, Italy, Japan
- The Action Deck - 64 cards for attacking and defending the big ships
- Information Markers - for damage and shipyards
- Rules - full color comprehensive rules of play
Battlegroup is a game for 2 to 4 players and has a playing time of one to two hours.